Sunday, July 27, 2014

Flowers

Inspired by the sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, I've made a Thank You card:


The sketch looks like this:


Did you see the "doily" on the left of the panel?  I fell in love with that doily when I first saw it in the catalog and it was a "must-have" for me.  Too bad I can rarely use it as a doily because most of the time when I cut it, it doesn't cut all the way through. At most it leaves the cutting marks but the paper isn't cut through.  I've tried many things such as adding a shim, using new cutting plates but I just can't get it right.  Obsessed with it I decided to use it this way - it's a half circle with a lot of intricate cutting marks. :p

I've used color pencils and gamsol to color the image.  It was a lot of fun.  I can see myself doing it more often!

My card is also linking up to:
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafters' Café - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous work, Pemberley was one of my favourites when I first signed up. Love the doily!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the flowers, and your colouring! I love to colour :) Cant help you with the doily but it looks nice on your care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Have you tried using a metal adaptor plate for your doily? http://www.cheerylynndesigns.com/cuttlebug-8482-big-shot-8482-metal-adaptor-plate/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. I like the doily just the way it is. Great job. Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card , love the coloring of your flowers, thanks for sharing with us in the AHSC.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I adore the different blues. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my all time favourite paper packs...I love it. The colouring on your flowers is so vibrant, amazing job! Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and I have a stash of the "Pemberly" papers... I have yet to get an embosser and I am glad you at keeping at it because your doily turned out well for this card.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

    Happy Crafting, Candra DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I've never heard of using Gamsol with pencils. It's a lovely technique. AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous floral card- your colouring is wonderful! Thanks for playing with AHSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The coloring on your flowers is just so pretty! Thanks for playing with Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Joyce. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe for our "Anything Goes Challenge" and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls xx

    ReplyDelete