Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A birthday card

I'm cleaning out my craft supplies and digging up things that I haven't used for a while.  My big background birthday stamp from impression obsession certainly needed some love (or ink)!  So I made a card with it:


I made it based on the Muse at CASE study challenge:


Oh wow!  Shari Carroll's card is absolutely gorgeous!  I like how she stamped the bold image twice one on a colored cardstock with another background image and one on bottom layer.  The cut windows on the top layer shows peeks of the stamped image in the bottom layer.  How fun!

I tried to do it in a similar fashion.  I first white heat embossed the big background image on a white cardstock, then on a lagoon cardstock.  I then die cut the stars on the lagoon panel.  I wanted to have some orange peeking through so I used Spiced Marmalade distress inks to color those areas beneath the stars.  Finally I added some bakers twine to finish it off.

After I have taking a picture for this post, I keep thinking about modifying the card.  I untied the bow and tied it back.  I wanted to trim down the panel and offset it on a card but didn't have the courage to cut it apart.  I guess many of us go through this struggle when we finish a card?  Eventually I decided to leave it as is.  Who knows?  A day or two later I may come back to modify it.  Hahaha~

I'm linking up my card to the following:
Milk Coffee Challenge - Birthday Challenge
Inky Chicks - Happy Birthday
Cards in Envy - Happy Birthday
Merry Monday - Birthday
CASE Study Challenge - see above

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Perfect take on the sketch! I love your colour combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, isn't this fun?! Love the colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks perfect with the twine, I would leave it. And I like how the wording lines up perfectly in the star "windows". So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Top 3 at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this simple card - so cool DP's with great colors!
    Have a lovely day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the turquoise and orange together and you cut out stars! Fabulous birthday card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Joyce, these colours are fun and bright - perfect for a celebration. Thanks for joining us for Leanne's Birthday Blog Hop at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fab card. Love the colours! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love your card! Amazing background stamp (should have one in addition to one hundred I already have lol). Love the color combination. I think that bow is in the right place there.
    I often go through similar struggle :)
    Congrats on top 3 at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this - great card, and works so well with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your card. Great colors and design. Thanks for joining us for Leanne's Birthday Blog Hop at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card screams fabulous! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great colors and love the star work!!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards in Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Joyce! Your card was chosen as the FIRST CLASS card for our Happy Birthday to You challenge on Cards in Envy! Email us at cardenvydt@gmail.com with First Class Birthday as your subject to receive your blog badge!

    ReplyDelete